Cluster Live 1.0
"What is Cluster Live?
- Boots a cluster of diskless Thin Clients.
- Automatically loads a Web browser.
- Share workload between Thin Clients.
- No individual installations required.
- Fast deployment of centralised software over multiple computers.
- No need to access the hard disk of your existing system.
- Portable yet scalable infrastructure.
- Less spending on high end computer hardware such as hard drives, processors and memory.
Who can benefit from it?
- Public kiosk
- Internet cafe
- Home, Office and other intranet premises
- Training centre
- Government sectors, and other organisations requiring large deployment of dedicated applications.
- Ideal for academics in developing countries to make use of computers cost effectively.
- Open Source developers can freely create their own Cluster Live CDs.
How does it work?
- A server gets booted by a Cluster Live CD.
- The client's BIOS is configured to boot through the LAN by default.
- When the server has finished the bootup sequence, the client can be booted through the LAN."