"KolibriOS (also known as KOS and Kolibri) is a free operating system with a monolithic preemptive kernel, video drivers, for 32-bit x86 architecture computers, developed and maintained by The KolibriOS Project Team. KolibriOS is a fork of MenuetOS, written entirely in FASM (assembly language). However, C, C++, Free Pascal, Forth, among other high-level languages and compilers, can also be used in user application development.
English, Russian and Deutsh versions are available.
* Boots from several devices, NTFS is also supported. You can even start it from Windows (Windows will shutdown).
* Graphical user interface based on VESA.
* Development kit: code editor with a macro-assembler (FASM) integrated.
* Fits on a single 1.44MB Floppy (many applications are compressed).
* Runs with 8Mb of RAM.
* Pre-emptive multitasking, streams, parallel execution of system calls.
* Supported file systems are FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 (long names support), NTFS (partially, read only).
* AC'97 audio codec support for Intel, nForce, nForce2, nForce3, nForce4 and SIS7012 chipsets."