"# LinuxConsole is a live distro : you don't need to install drivers for your hardware, these are included with LinuxConsole, and all hardware should be auto configured at first boot.
# LinuxConsole is modular : There is a common base (device detection, GUI) and optional modules for multimedia, communication, serrvers" ...
"Previous releases were only for games & multimedia, but other kind of applications have now been included :
* Tools to create documents (OpenOffice,latex, lyx)
* Server (samba, postfix, php, mysql, dhcpd, bootp, sshd, proftpd, openLDAP
* Firewall/VPN (iptables, fwbuilder, CPIE)
* Music tools (rosegarden, beast, soundtracker, audacity, ...)
* Tools for scanning, printing, faxing
The 'console' word doesn't mean that it is a distro that is started in 'console' mode, but is meant to symbolize the simplicity of using it.
This distro is as simple to use as a games console : you can start applications without installing them.
This distro is easy to use for people that have never used linux (all is done with a GUI), even people that have never used computer should find it easy! (with Freevo)
The default window manager is icewm. You can alsa use gnome, freevo or mythtv. Kde will be integrated in 1.0"